Friday, February 20, 2015

enough.

There is a difference between giving up and knowing when you have had enough.

And I have had enough.

I have sent an email to my trainer and I’ve filled a big box with everything study related – to go in the shed. I'm not doing anymore. 

I am three units away from completing a Certificate 4 in Training and my time is up in two weeks time.  I’m so close! I’ve put in so much time and effort so far.

BUT

I realised a few weeks ago that I had to stop thinking, doing, stressing and prioritising this study. 

I made the decision to focus on what was actually important – my husband, and supporting him every day, and myself, and actually practising some self care.

I needed to focus on our health and our wellbeing , our marriage and our happiness.  Its been a rough year so far and completing a Certificate 4 right NOW is not what’s important.

At first I was so upset about ‘giving up’ -  I’m a failure! I have failed! I haven’t achieved anything.

Its not like that at all.

I’m not giving up, I’m recognising when I’ve had enough. I haven’t failed; I’ve completed 9 units and when the time comes, I only have three more to do.

Do I feel good about this decision?


Hell yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment