Sunday, February 22, 2015

Leave. Stay. Lean.

As I’m getting ready for church, I think to myself that  Iwant to leave as soon as the service is over.

The dishes need doing. There’s clothes still on the line.  Ironing to be done.  Work to be completed before the next week comes knocking on my door. 

Fast forward two hours.. and I’m sitting in my chair as the service closes. 

And..
I don’t care about the ironing. Or the washing, or the dishes. Or the work.

I don’t want to go.  I just want to stay.

I’ve sung songs about God’s love and relentless grace.  Tears have streamed down my face. I’ve prayed and prayed. I have felt like my heart is going to burst with joy.

And I’ve been reminded that the most important thing in my life is my relationship with God. Everything else flows from it.

I dig out my Bible and am immediately prompted to Proverbs 3 :5.

‘ Trust In the Lord with all your heart and lean, not on your own understanding;  in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight’.

Lean on Him.  Lean. As in transfer all your weight. I really need to start doing that,  because my life is heavy.  It feels real heavy right now.

I’m so thankful right now that Our God is THE God of healing, The God of freedom, the God of Grace and the God of absoulte POWER,  a limitless God.


And I pray that He will be ever so present and powerful in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment