Sunday, September 1, 2013

Keeping Me Sane

These are the things and the people and the loves in my life that have kept me relatively sane over the last few months, when work was SO awful. I'm so grateful I was able to quit and return to my previous job in the city part time. Its exactly what I needed and wanted months ago.


 Mr Man. Mr Man. I dont know what I would do without Mr Man.  And Miss Dog. They both make me smile every day. I'm smiling right now just thinking about them.



My Miss Cat, my Harper. Isn't she beautiful ? I love how she likes to curl up on the couch with me and snooze, she definitely takes my stress away.


Relaxing into a hot bath with candles at the end of awful days.. that was lovely, soaking the day away.


Escaping work at lunch time to find nature.  This is actually a reserve on the side of a busy road. I didn't care. It was grass and trees and bushes and blue sky. So I sat and ate and tried to find peace in my one hour of calm.


Mr Man making me perfect breakfast in bed on the weekend, me relaxing,  playing on the tablet, sipping my coffee and breathing.

Oh! Almost forgot one.

Food. Uh huh. That's right. I've been eating. and drinking. more than usual. Its been terrible. I've put on 4 kilos in the past months from emotional and stress eating and drinking. But hey, it helped me get through a rough time, right?  Now I just have to get those kilos OFF again. Hmmm.  This, by the way, is my gluten free and dairy free apple crumble with ice cream and hot chocolate sauce. That's what I'm talking about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment