Monday, June 23, 2014

2 am tears


The truth is, sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night because of the dog, or my bladder.
And after I've sorted that out,  I lay awake in the quiet of the night.
And then, all of a sudden, in that moment, tears fall from my eyes and I cry.
I don't know why, but I cry, and once I start, its hard to stop.

I usually get to the point where I cant breathe, and I hate that.
So I tell myself to calm down. I try to think relaxing, calm thoughts and I try to comfort myself.
I close my eyes and take deep breaths.

It happened last night. But this time I couldn't stop. So I went out to the couch and I wrapped myself in a blanket. I curled up in a ball and lay my hand over my forehead.
And eventually I calmed.  My breathing got deeper, my nose cleared.
So I returned to bed and there, I slept.

I've woken early this morning with a headache, and puffy eyes, and I'm tired, so tired.

I think it might be time for me to start focusing on myself a bit more.





No comments:

Post a Comment