Monday, July 15, 2013

good for my soul

well I did it. 
I arrived home from work today and I didnt even stop. I changed shoes and clothes and went for a run. 
Okay, it was more of a fast walk....and I had a few pieces of chocolate before I left BUT I still did it! 
And that is the first step to creating a habit. Actually doing it.  I walked for about half an hour and while I was out walking, I went up to visit my tree.

Yes, I have a tree. Sometimes after work, I'll come to this tree and sit under its branches and lean on its roots and unwind from the day.  Its nice. Its a nice spot. I like it.


And THEN, when  I got home, ( hold onto your chairs peoples) I meditated. 
Yes that's right.  Meditation and run in one day? holy batman!

I listened to a new meditation CD that I bought at the wellness event on the weekend. It was nice, it was relaxing..  I think I fell asleep.  All of a sudden, the soothing voice is telling me to return to the ladder and I was like.. ladder?what ladder?  Arent we on a boat, heading away from a misty beach?

Note to self - do not lie down on bed to meditate.

SO.. the question is - do I feel better? Honestly ? Not really. I'm cranky and irritated today and I have tension in my head and I feel blah and I'm putting all these things down to PMS. ( thanks to Mr Man who is putting up with me.) 

But after a few days, I know that I will feel better and that these two practices are self loving habits that will be good for my soul. 

Now. Go do something that is good for your soul. 
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment