Friday, July 26, 2013

The Pink Rose


Mr Man and I went to visit family recently and saw my nieces and nephews.  Five little people who make my heart implode and melt at the same time, and have shown me how overwhelming and strong love can be. 

My three year old nephew,  Cheeky Boy, with a huge grin on his face, came out of the kitchen holding a beautiful single pink rose. He held it up to me, with a shy giggle. ‘This is for you Aunty Mim’.    I took the rose and delighted in his cuddle and his thoughtfulness. Tears came to my eyes.

Apparently that morning he had gotten up and announced that he wanted to buy Aunty Mim a flower. He was adamant.  He was determined. So they went to the florist and Cheeky Boy chose a flower.  A perfect pink rose.

I’d been feeling quite isolated, and alone, life was a little hard, I hadn't seen my family or friends for too long. Life was consuming.

 And then, out of the blue, completely unexpected, I had this gorgeous little soul handing me a rose, as if to say – Hey ! Don’t forget. We love you. You are loved. You are something really special to us. 

How amazing that this little boy with big blue eyes and an obsession with Spiderman woke up that morning and knew exactly what I needed. 
 Thank you Cheeky Boy.

This happened six weeks ago. And my pink rose is still standing proudly in a vase. Yes, it a little less pink and its petals are dry.
 But I’ll keep it for a little bit longer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment