Sunday, August 19, 2012

Introducing Miss Kitty

On Friday, we welcomed a new addition to our household!



This is Miss Kitty. She is ultra sweet, playful and affectionate..  ( As I type this, Miss Kitty is sitting on my shoulder, purring into my ear.)

About a week ago, Mr Man casually mentioned having a cat in the house in some random non-specific way. That put the idea in my head and the more I thought about it, the more I really wanted a kitten.

The next day we went and picked one out and paid for it. But a few days later, that fell through (dodgy pet store, don't even get me started! ) and I was really disappointed.  I was really looking forward to it.

After that, Mr Man was determined we would find me a kitten no matter what it took.

But it was tricky, you see. Because its not kitten season. No pet stores had them. A lot of people were selling adult cats but not kittens. It seemed futile.

I had pretty much given up, when Mr Man texted me and said DONT GIVE UP!

So I hopped in the car and went to the local animal shelter around the corner.


And that is where I found Miss Kitty! She had been brought in, unwanted the day before and needed a home.

She's eleven weeks old and we love her. We think she may been a little neglected in her former life, she loves being close to us and meows if we leave the room and she cant find us.  We've tried not to leave her alone for too long.. in other words, Miss Kitty has been very spoilt since she arrived home!

Welcome home Miss Kitty xox



No comments:

Post a Comment