Thursday, August 9, 2012


Well. I have been totally re-inspired about healthy living lately.

I stumbled upon this blog – thewellnesswarrior.com.au, followed by this one – crazysexylife.com.
Two fabulously inspiring women who have both fought off cancer through healthy eating and living.

I read the e-book, I read some posts, I read some truths and it all really encouraged me to change my ways for the better. You only get one life don’t you.  I don’t want to be tired and sick and not at my best for mine. Not for me, not for my partner, and not for my children.
So.  For me, and my health and my life, and my relationships, I’m making some changes.

I’m trying NOT to go crazy.. I’m going to make small changes one at a time so I don’t crash and burn.

Today, we bought a blender. Its gorgeous. Its silver and black and flashy and I just took it out of the box and its now sitting on the kitchen counter.  Because you see, you need a blender for all those fresh and tasty juices and smoothies.  This unexpected and spontaneous purchase was fun. I’m excited!

Now, first on the list of changes is coffee. No more coffee for this little one. I am going to have one cup of tea with no sugar in the mornings instead, and herbal teas during the day. ( and yes, I know, I’m still having caffeine in black tea. Just let me get through the first week, and then we’ll talk more kay?)

Secondly, I’m going to make myself (and Mr Man if he wants) at least one healthy smoothie per day. I bought lots of greens and fruit today. And if you mix it all up with some coconut cream, apparently it tastes pretty good. I still have to go buy some kale and some stevia . ( I had to google both those words to find out what they were. There is no shame in Google.) 

Thirdly,  I have to try and drink lots more water.   If I could surgically attach a water bottle to my hip I would. 

Now I would include exercise in this. Excerise is the bomb! It is good for you in about a thousand different ways.  But unfortunately, I’m still recovering from dislocating my knee. My bearded but strangely attractive physiotherapist tells me I need to wear my blue leg splint for another week at least so my knee can heal.  I can only walk for about 15 minutes before my knee starts to throb and swell.  So exercise will have to wait for another week or so unfortunately.

I also really want to start YOGA.  Being a highly sensitive person, I’m prone to anxiety, stress, frustration and general emotional breakdowns for no good reason.  I have a feeling that yoga is for me. I have a yoga DVD all ready to go!

I’m going to do this and I’m going to feel great for it J






No comments:

Post a Comment