Monday, August 20, 2012

update time

Its time for an update on my health goals y'all!

I'm doing quite well cutting out coffee. Most days, I have a weak white tea with no sugar in the morning instead. No coffee at all !!  I haven't had any withdrawal headaches which has been great but I've been SOO much more tired than usual. By 10pm, I'm dead tired.

Once or twice,  I have fallen and had a coffee during the day. ( I can really feel that buzz now!) But that's the only one for the day and I try to ensure that the next day is coffee free.

So far, so good.  I'm hoping I can keep this up when I go back to work. THAT will be the real test.

We have also been having fun enjoying smoothies.. We've had them probably every second day and I've researched some great recipes that I'd like to try out. The first green one I made was a spinach and banana concoction.  I didnt mind it but I dont think Mr Man was too impressed. ( He doesnt like anything banana.) On the weekend, Mr Man made a yummy ice cold pineapple smoothie..

Here's a photo of our sexy blender.



The last recipe I followed called for some raw cocoa powder.  I didnt have any. So I added some Cadbury's chocolate drinking powder instead ( ...is that bad?)

Still, progress is being made!  I am finding that the variety of frozen fruits, vegetables and supplements you need for great smoothies are rather expensive. I'm hoping to get one at a time and slowly develop my smoothies into creations of natural greatness!

In terms of exercise, I've found just walking around the house, doing housework andsome errands at the shop has been enough to cause a day of pain with my knee :(  I'm doing my physio exercises like a good girl and yesterday I got my sister's cross trainer to borrow and use. I'm going to dust it off and give it a whirl soon, I hope it will help strengthen my knee again.

have a great day !

xo Mim



No comments:

Post a Comment