Sunday, August 19, 2012

Well its been three weeks so far since I hurt my leg. Three weeks at home. Now despite the painful knee and all that, it has been nice to be home. I've done errands and watched movies. I've read books and done housework. I've cooked dinners and folded laundry and had time to enjoy these things and relax. I've also been busy with appointments and paperwork.  I've also been bored and very frustrated to the point of tears at being stuck in the house and unable to do anything or move without pain.

But. I miss work and I wish I could go back.  I miss my friends and the babies and I miss achieving things and putting in a hard days work.

My knee is recovering slowly. Its weak. Ten minutes of walking and I feel like I've run a marathon. My leg feels like jelly and then the pain starts again. If I keep moving,  my knee will start to swell again. I've had a few sessions of physio so far which help.

But! Only, one more week before I go back to work, so I'm doing lunges and wall squats, trying to get my knee strong enough to do a day's work.  I'm also trying to not do too much walking, I'm taking the drugs and I'm putting ice and heat packs on my knee too.

One more week.



No comments:

Post a Comment